The final day of my time off and the latest model update. The Messerschmitt Bf 109 G12 is finally completed although I am not happy with the paint job. That's down to poor research by me but I have learned a lot about late war Luftwaffe paint schemes and for this build it will do.
I think I rushed the canopy part of the build and it doesn't sit right but again it will do.
I didn't add any weathering or wear and tear because by the spring of 1945 there was a surplus of new aircraft but a shortage of experienced pilots, a lack of fuel and oil. There are stories of the ground crew using horses and even oxen to move aircraft into position for take off to save on fuel!
All in all an enjoyable but also at times a frustrating build which has taught me more and also confirms the need for good research. The old measure twice, once more for luck and then cut comes to mind. The next build as shown in a previous blog post has been started and it will be in this livery...
Appropriately enough it will complement the Vickers Wellesley I recently built as one of the opposing aircraft. But for the rest of today I will have a very lazy day with the cats and podcasts. Following the cold I feel tired and sleepy and Sue is now suffering the effects of a similar cold. I tested negative for Sars-Cov 2 so I know this is just another autumn cold but it is a nasty one and from social media, there are a lot of people who have caught it. I think the week ahead will sadly consist of work and sleep as I catch up on the latter. I worry that the cumulative effects of work and the general grind of the madness the world has descended into has exhausted me physically, emotionally and mentally. Sadly, I think many others are in the same boat and I do worry what the future will bring. Sleep and avoiding mainstream and social media might be helpful. take care folks and look after yourselves and loved ones.
TTFN.





2 Comments:
I am fascinated by all the different paint jobs and effects.
People's health and immune systems have been messed with by hastily developed and poorly tested vaccines: who's surprised there are now such virulent other viruses circulating? Not you or me I suggest...
So glad I don't 'do' social media.
Hope you don't have too much of a work mess to go back to.
Thank you BW.
This is the first opportunity this week to look at my blog because it's been so busy. The team was further decimated this week thanks to Track and Trace.
The powers that be insisted that several fully vaccinated, healthy and showing no signs of illness and with negative lateral flow tests staff stay off work because they were in a room with someone who tested positive for covid!
Post a Comment
<< Home