There was an interesting start to my working week when we received an email from senior management requesting NHS numbers and stating they are looking at vaccine status. From discussion it became apparent that only those staff who have not been vaccinated received the email. Needless to say I ignored it as there is no way I will share my NHS number and they are already aware of my current refusal to have the vaccine.This follows the coat trailing by the government in the national media that all NHS staff will potentially have mandatory vaccines. Once again, a 'vaccine' that does not protect the individual from the virus, does not stop transmission of the virus from vaccinated people and now requires booster injections? Over two hundred years of science about immunology and vaccinations suddenly deemed inconvenient and over turned, denying acquired immunity from exposure to the virus and recovery from it. I will await the next missive and no doubt a visit from management to discuss this. But enough of this nonsense...
Earlier this week I took an early lunch break and visited the remains of Tupholme Abbey.
Not a lot left, just the one wall and some scattered stones above ground but a site I often drive past and I took the opportunity for a quick visit on a beautiful sunny day. The remains of Bardney Abbey are nearby and I had seen those twenty odd years ago but there is even less to see.
I decided to remain on the path because the sheep were sheltering in the shade of the wall and I didn't want to disturb them into running around on a very hot day. A welcome brief break from the daily grind and a reminder of the distant past and other turbulent times. One decision I came to whilst enjoying the view and the peace and quiet was to put any car buying on hold and await developments. I am still waiting for a compressor for the air con and boy, did I need that this week as heat and harvesting with lots of dust made driving unpleasant this week. I had to have the windows open and my hay fever went off the scale by Wednesday.
Sherlock is slowly making progress as it has become obvious that he misses Watson. Very clingy and vocal, he spent the best part of a week sleeping in Watson's favourite spot and not going out much. However, last night he was out and he is once again active and quite lively.
Some progress made on the Vickers Wellesley build but taking my time, researching correct colour schemes and just the one major error which is hidden inside one wing and I can adapt when I add the undercarriage.
Somewhat garish colours inside but apparently historically correct.
The fit of the wings leaves something to be desired so some filler to be added and cleaned up. Enjoyable build so far and I am looking forward to airbrushing it as of late I have stuck to brush painting.
For tonight, a takeaway and a few beers as I curl up in the chair and watch the darts world cup.
TTFN.





4 Comments:
I saw an article on the BBC website about that earlier in the week. It will be very interesting to see what happens when people get sacked for refusing to be vaccinated. Unfortunately claimants now have to pay to take their cases to an Industrial Tribunal. I wonder what the stances of the GMC and RCN and the Unions will be?
Poor Sherlock. And poor you with no AC in all that heat.
Interesting visit to the Abbey. I love that kind of site, I love 'feeling' the history.
Enjoy the darts and the beers, you definitely deserve them after your week!
Thank you BW.
I enjoy old sites and I like to soak up the atmosphere and imagine what it must have been like in their daily lives.
I have a horrible feeling the unions will backslide on this so I am now saving for what may be a difficult future but I am optimistic I will get through it. A few like minded individuals for support.
I feel bad for Sherlock, I hope he feels better soon. Poor thing just doesn't know.
Obviously my viewpoint differs from both of yours on the vax. They're getting tougher on it over here now, looks like employers of >100 will have to require the vax or weekly testing, but I'm sure no sacking. Please just be safe and well.
Thank you Scott.
Yes, keeping safe and I hope the same for you and yours. Be well.
Post a Comment
<< Home