Happy days are here again...I can access BBCi listen again using Firefox as my browser. I can listen to Mick 'n' Lester and Genevieve Tudor as often as I want to and whenever I want to. Excellent. On a less positive note Mrs C. picked the Grand National winner which romped home at 100/1...we didn't place a bet on it. Gutted!

Otherwise, I spent the day gardening with seedlings planted out , grass cut and some new solar powered lights put in. A variety of pots dotted around the garden and some seeds sown. Lots of flowers have come through but because I threw away the seed packets, some of them we don't recognise. A good supply of well rotted, almost soil like compost from my composter. I never realised i could get so excited over compost but it is perfect for the plants. Today was a sunny day although breezy and perfect for gardening. Not yet warm enough for sitting out with a beer or a cuppa and contemplating my navel. Fingers crossed for sunny and warm weather over Easter when I will be off for the weekend. Back to the music and chillin' out.
TTFN.

Otherwise, I spent the day gardening with seedlings planted out , grass cut and some new solar powered lights put in. A variety of pots dotted around the garden and some seeds sown. Lots of flowers have come through but because I threw away the seed packets, some of them we don't recognise. A good supply of well rotted, almost soil like compost from my composter. I never realised i could get so excited over compost but it is perfect for the plants. Today was a sunny day although breezy and perfect for gardening. Not yet warm enough for sitting out with a beer or a cuppa and contemplating my navel. Fingers crossed for sunny and warm weather over Easter when I will be off for the weekend. Back to the music and chillin' out.
TTFN.
3 Comments:
Ah, compost, one of the great loves of my life. I run a two-bin system. One is for the current year's green waste and one for the previous year's. So I use the stuff from the 2nd bin each year before re-filling it with last year's compost and giving it a second year to rot down thoroughly.
Anything still not ready for use after its second year is retained in the year 2 bin and given more time.
Half the usable material is used for Spring mulching and the other half retained in dustbins for the Autumn mulching; both of which are very satisfying times.
The late Geoffrey Smith, who died just a week or two ago, was a huge compost enthusiast. He described how compost should not be used on the garden until it was sweet enough to eat in a sandwich.
Having had to deal with the compost bin falling over on the Sunday, the two bin approach sounds ideal. Good well rotted compost at the bottom but the rest still has a way to go. I had put some old cardboard in as well but I now recycle that. It takes ages to rot down.
I like that description "sweet enough to eat in a sandwich". I will now look up Geoffrey Smith on t'net.
Ah...I do remember him from Gardeners' Question Time.
Post a Comment
<< Home