Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Check this out....



It's been an interesting couple of days thus far in the new job with a hell of a lot of mileage done and a lot more to come: we'll be working county wide. It is too early to say whether it's good or not and the real work begins on April 1st when the referrals come through. But for now, lots of meeting/greeting and liaison work with some informal teaching thrown in. We are also putting together the paperwork and ensuring systems, processes, etc are all ready for the start day. At the moment I feel like a fish out of water because I am seconded to the corporate & legal department as well as being immersed in the waters of social work. I have a history of involvement with pilot schemes and new services in the nhs so once again it's guinea pigs-r-us.
Exciting times but also a change from my usual work and a welcome one because my focus will be upon very different client groups. More importantly, six months without shift working, oncalls and weekends off. My shredded nerves can mend after four and a half years of frontline working with others' crises. I popped in today and awaiting assessment were a variety of alcohol & overdose referrals plus a colleague showing frayed edges as he juggled several balls in the air....and breathe...Just maybe, fingers crossed, these six months will lengthen into twelve months or even a permanent job. We'll see...
Time for a Genesis fix so here ya go. Enjoy.



TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Mapp said...

PG is a bit scarey! Hey Delcatto, did you give any thought to JR meets Delcatto? He could eg. come up your way, have an egg thrown at him by you etc. What do you think. If you said yes, I'd run it by you first.

8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home