Monday, January 07, 2008

RRRIIINNGGG!!!









Just what's needed...alarm clocks that wheel away from you. Can you imagine receiving one of these for Xmas. First morning back to work after a week off, the alarm leaps into life at 05.55 and as you reach to hit the snooze button it races away from you. How long do you really expect one of these gadgets to survive? My clock is deliberately placed at the other end of the bedroom so I have to drag my arse out of bed to switch it off. Within 15 seconds of the alarm going off the dog is racing excitedly around the room and one of three cats adds to the bedlam. It works as I am more than wide awake....the dog knows more Anglo-Saxon than is good for her. One of these would be savaged by the dog or kicked into orbit by my right foot; never a good idea barefoot. The bright colours, movement and gadgetry would appeal to teenagers, a group well known for their early morning rising. Given No.1's current penchant for tuning every radio to BBC Radio 1, I would not be pleased to hear shite music and shouty gibberish at that time of the morning. I can just about cope with Bunty Bagshaw without a middle-class university educated white twenty-something eejit trying to act like a teenage street-cred ghetto yoof.

I am still unwell with manflu. Just as I thought I had turned a corner, I lost my voice and the leurgy spread to my chest. cf. my previous post about healthy lifestyle...I've gotten worse! Maybe twenty pints of Old Wobbler, a packet of Capstan full strength and a large donor kebab with extra chilli would set me right.


















Now that I have upset the health gestapo, vegetarians and children, I need a cup of tea.

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home