Lecture.
Well the holiday season is well and truly over.
Several referrals and they all have a common denominator: Relationship ended therefore imbibe lots of alcohol plus lots of pills. What is unusual this time around is that the referrals aren't coming from the medical wards but from GP's two or three days later. That is more worrying because irrespective of the amount and type of pills it is better to be safe rather than sorry...and dying or dead. Go to A&E and get checked out because you really don't know what is lurking in your medical background. That handful of 'harmless painkillers' plus vodka might do a lot more damage than you realize. Casualty might make it look dramatic and cool, plus the complexities of the personal lives of the healthcare staff, but really, it is all too often sad, frightening and at times pathetic (arousing pity, sympathy or compassion). We really are not there to sit in judgement, although we might question your colour co-ordination skills. But a snap decision to overdose for whatever reason is just that; a snap decision which can be addressed and need not mean anything more than a brief interlude in your life. Better a brief interlude than a full stop. So, having swallowed tablets, swallow your pride and seek help.

Gratuitous picture of
Yellow instead of
grey January days.
I travelled to work in the dark; I worked the day in a foggy, damp greyness and, I returned home in the dark. Hence my need for a bright splash of colour to counteract the monotonous drab grey of today. So I am going to indulge myself with light and colour...

That's better.
TTFN.
Several referrals and they all have a common denominator: Relationship ended therefore imbibe lots of alcohol plus lots of pills. What is unusual this time around is that the referrals aren't coming from the medical wards but from GP's two or three days later. That is more worrying because irrespective of the amount and type of pills it is better to be safe rather than sorry...and dying or dead. Go to A&E and get checked out because you really don't know what is lurking in your medical background. That handful of 'harmless painkillers' plus vodka might do a lot more damage than you realize. Casualty might make it look dramatic and cool, plus the complexities of the personal lives of the healthcare staff, but really, it is all too often sad, frightening and at times pathetic (arousing pity, sympathy or compassion). We really are not there to sit in judgement, although we might question your colour co-ordination skills. But a snap decision to overdose for whatever reason is just that; a snap decision which can be addressed and need not mean anything more than a brief interlude in your life. Better a brief interlude than a full stop. So, having swallowed tablets, swallow your pride and seek help.

Gratuitous picture of
Yellow instead of
grey January days.
I travelled to work in the dark; I worked the day in a foggy, damp greyness and, I returned home in the dark. Hence my need for a bright splash of colour to counteract the monotonous drab grey of today. So I am going to indulge myself with light and colour...

That's better.
TTFN.
2 Comments:
Hope your New Year is splashed with Cherry Red and tastes just as sweet.
X
Thank you Cherrypie.
I hope so too.
Happy New Year to you petal.
x
Post a Comment
<< Home