Hot seat P.C.

Gratuitious image of one of my childhood haunts...now a trendy place to live.
Hurrah! At last I can access my P.C. My son has torn himself away to listen to some metal music ( Trivium anyone ).Mind you, he has just bought the latest Kerrang and the 'free' cover of Metallica's 'Master of Puppets. Mmm some of it is quite good.
I have noticed as I get older that I do appreciate music that I would have binned as a teenager.As a secret teenage Abba fan during the punk years of the '70's, I can now freely admit to liking them.I have also reached the stage in life where I either shake my head at the charts or I am generally ignorant of them. The last albums I bought are Goldfrapp, The Magic Numbers and the best of Al Green. Oh and Selling England by the Pound. Genesis...I do like Prog Rock except for Yes.
You can say I have a catholic taste where music is concerned...swing the incense. I have introduced my son to The Who, Led Zep and Hendrix. As he is learning to play the guitar I take the opportunity to play the blues to him but, it is neither loud enough nor yet relevant for one of his tender years.In the language of youth..'That's crap Dad'. Sigh...I was just like him according to my mother.I hope she's wrong. A pause as I put John Lee Hooker on...that's better.
Today I shall mostly be chasing up the tardy local council refuse collection dept. My thanks to you CherryPie, I would have been better off contacting some other agency and recycling the furniture. Unfortunately, the council now have my money but I shall persevere.Later today I shall attempt to set up some links on this blog...cue swearing and cussing.We shall hopefully see the results later.
4 Comments:
p.s. The postcode for the piccy is N.8.
A Sarfener? I would never have guessed from your accent.
I was so pleased the day Jack embraced Iggy Pop. He now thinks HE discovered the Buzzcocks and The Clash.
We both agree on Queen, Arctic Monkeys and Green Day for communal car journeys
Seany helped me with the links. It's easy once you know how x
Sorry to hear about Delcatto Jr's continued disinterest in the finer arts. Kids today eh? If that noisy sod still lived next door he might have been able to support your campaign, but unfortunately his guitars, keyboards & drums have remained in their respective cases since he moved away...
CherryPie...You and your son have great taste in music.Through the mists of time, in my leather or a donkey jacket...watching the Clash or Ramones...full of bruises and aches the next day from the mosh pit.Ahh...it's more likely to be the nosh pit these days!
Post a Comment
<< Home