Saturday, October 03, 2026


 After an hour spent dozing in the autumnal sunshine surrounded by cats I came indoors to tidy up the model space, move some of the reference books upstairs and the above recently completed builds are awaiting a move to their respective display spaces. A modeller I follow on-line was discussing stashes and how healthy is a large stash. Happily, even with purchases this past few months my stash has been reduced  to about ninety kits although that includes a few kits I will donate to Models for Heroes. I tend to buy more books these days with recent purchases being ‘Vanity Fair’ by Thackeray and ‘The Memoirs of Sergeant Bourgogne 1812 - 1813’. Books are certainly cheaper and apart from the ones I intend to keep I tend to donate them on so that others can have a pleasurable read. 


The short run kit from Ventura Models of a Spitfire PR Mk.19 is nearly done, just awaiting a wash and a hand painted ‘The Last!’ Added to the fuselage. Ventura was a New Zealand company which eventually became the current day JAYS Models. I like their kits but postal charges now outweigh the cost of the kits so sadly I have stopped buying from New Zealand. The blue colour is too dark as I used some cheap acrylic paints but I can tone it down with a light wash.
It is a bright, sunny and warm day, very unlike autumn although the countless spiders and their webs tell a different story in the garden.  I guess I will enjoy it while I can before the weather shifts to the default which usually involves a lot of rain.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Blogger has definitely been glitchy recently, I've noticed several instances.

Ninety sounds like a lot to me, but I'm not a modeler. I wonder what the average would be for enthusiasts?

I've noticed more spiderwebs in fall, too, but I don't know why that is. Enjoy your weekend.

6:47 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

There are modellers who have thousands of kits but the award for the most bonkers is a chap who lives in one house and stores his kits in another house!

I’m not sure what’s happening with blogger as this was the first glitch I noticed.

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home