Saturday, November 20, 2021

 The Arado Ar234 continues to slowly dry out and I have gently wiped off some of the excess oil paint but now it will be left well alone. Searching through the stash and I picked out another WW2 jet but then I opted for this...


Yes, a first world war monoplane and one of my favourites, As a kid I had a thing about dinosaurs, space travel and WW1 aircraft, the two extremes of flight and history. I saved up some money from the jobs I did and bought a small reference book for WW1 aircraft and read it many times whilst gazing at the photographs. Freedom to fly away and escape for the amateur psychologists!

This is the progress as of an hour ago until feline interventions inevitably put a stop to it. I intend to crack on with it during the next week and also rig it which will probably take a lot longer as it will be delicate work. I like this kit so much I have ordered a second one to place alongside this one in a diorama.

I had a lengthy phone conversation with my sister today and received some shocking family news about one of my nephews and I think this hobby is becoming a much needed refuge and escape from the craziness of the world and its descent into madness. I also have to admit that I would rather spend my time doing this than returning to work and for me that is a sign I have made a shift in my thinking about work. I suspect most people would rather spend time doing their own thing and not working!
We are also keeping an eye on Maisie, our black and white Tuxedo semi feral puss as she was ill earlier this week. She is better but she suffers with arthritis and we noticed she is struggling this week. She was too young to have kittens as we got her when she was pregnant and her hips and back legs are very stiff and cause her some discomfort as she is getting older.  We'll look into adding some food supplements to help her with that. 

No.1 son left this morning for Sweden via Denmark for a weeks holiday to stay with his girlfriend and yesterday we discussed his getting an Irish passport. He asked me to apply for one which I will do as I already have Irish citizenship as well as British citizenship and he believes this will make his application easier. He plans to move permanently to Sweden in the next couple of years and an Irish passport gives him EU membership which allows him to live and work there. He has made many trips there over the last five years and has been learning the language. Being tall, blue eyed and fair haired he passes for Scandinavian which reminds me that Sue wants to get her DNA tested as she looks Danish and comes from an area that was very much in the Danelaw area.

Hopefully you are all enjoying this weekend, I'm off to fuss the assorted moggies and try to ascertain why this computer is low and unresponsive at times.

TTFN.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

I do wonder what happens to people who don't have hobbies in this mad mad world.

There is so much to modelling and I enjoy your posts about it.

10:29 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW.
I do wonder the same as anything creative and absorbing keeps one sane.

6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home