Thursday, February 13, 2025

 


A Junkers Ju 52 / 3M transport plane sporting a friendlier livery compared to the usual WW2 crosses and yes, this airline existed and flew four aircraft in Switzerland.



I had originally planned a Stalingrad airlift aircraft but doing some research I saw the decals for this and immediately bought them. I could not resist although the purple is a shade darker than it should be. The decals were also difficult to lay down on the corrugated surfaces of the model. I have still to clear coat it but once done, I will move onto my next build. I have three builds I am making some slow progress on, two WW1 aircraft and a WW2 Airspeed Oxford but I shall take my time with these builds.


They are short run kits from the nineties so a lot of work required to build them but well worth the effort. I continue to have issues with rigging and appropriate glues. I have some new CA (super) glue but the fishing line I bought just melts. I will experiment with sprues, lines and assorted glues to find a solution…no pun intended. A dank, grey and cold day but at least it is dry.

In other news, Winnie is definitely on heat so we are being extra careful with the outer doors and windows. A friend popped in yesterday and we had to warn her about the lively kittens as both were doing zombies around the house including racing over her! Helping her to exit the house whilst a small cat on heat was determined to also leave was fun.

TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I like the purple plane! But an airline? Looks like it's advertising a milk product.

Ooh, good luck with Winnie. Is the appointment made yet?

10:32 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

It’s a Swiss / German milk chocolate, bizarre. No appointment yet as my son has to arrange it. He’s doing extra hours at work to pay for it.

11:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much vets now charge for neutering animals. I was sitting with a group talking about this very thing on Wednesday.

When last we had a cat spayed it was £38.25 (over 12 years ago) but now, in these parts, it is £300 for female cats (£250 for male).

Dogs start at £400!

Doesn't excatly encourage people to get their pets neutered, does it?!

- BW

11:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr BW would love that plane! Anything to do with chocolate...

11:51 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Yes, pet neutering and vet bills generally have skyrocketed. I worry about the oldies as they are getting on a bit but a good diet and a pampered lifestyle generally sees them alright.
Great advert for chocolate, does he need prompting to buy chocolate? Rhetorical question…

11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home