Thursday, May 25, 2023

 Thursday and blog day with a full five days off to look forward to. First day off and I have my work laptop open as I write up my mileage expenses and ignore any emails or team calls. Once that was completed I then completed the work pension forms as I plan to claim my current pension. This one won't be much but every little helps until I receive my state pension as I don't plan to return to nursing. Although this past working week was a good one I have decided enough is enough. Having completed that I went for my days off daily walk and I am now enjoying a welcome cup of tea and a very welcome Walnut Whip.  The weather is warm, sunny but with a cool breeze, just right for a gentle stroll.


I have added a clear coat to the Airfix Spitfire build which is now awaiting decals but I didn't use the aftermarket photo etch. I am tempted to use it on the Ventura kit but that is a resin kit and I'm not sure attaching PE to resin will be successful...I might have to buy another cheap Spitfire Mk V!


I dry assembled the resin kit to check out the fit and it has very few parts and necessitates scratch building some parts, a modellers delight. All put away now as I plan to sit out in the garden with the cats and have a very lazy afternoon with no driving, phones, laptops and the constant demands to immediately do something.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I'm glad you're happy with the decision, and I look forward to seeing what you do after. Have a great weekend, cheers!

11:29 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Pleased things are moving on and falling into place.

Are you planning to move? You will surely need more space to display all those planes that will get bult!

8:00 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks folks.

Yes, I have made the right decision and just a small amount of chores at home during these past two days and I ache everywhere. Even my thumbs!

No plans to move BW although we would like to move to somewhere rural and quiet, a bungalow with a small garden and lots of shelves!

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home