Tuesday, January 01, 2008






A New Year!











Well I never.
I woke up tired but sober having stayed awake to watch the 'L.A. music scene'. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; The Flying Burrito Brothers; Joni Mitchell; The Eagles, etc...I toasted out the old year with an excellent Italian beer as I listened to sublime music until 3 am.
No.1 son asked me about resolutions and I resolved to quit skydiving in polkadot dresses. Mrs.C and I are making 'lifestyle' changes, not the 'D' word. No alcohol for me during January and a reduction in the usual waist expanding foods. More exercise; happily the hound will help me there. I also want to travel abroad this year having avoided it for several years, usually as a result of a lack of funds. Some ideas come to mind but no firm plans as yet. I have the white elephant of the 'Psychosis' course to lay to rest for the 4th february deadline. This will entail a lot of work over the next four weeks. Once that is completed my time, apart from work, will be my own. Another resolution is to watch more live music. Not the big stadium fillers but more of the local bands and musicians, both folk, blues, rock and acoustic. Nothing beats a small venue with the musicians up close and personal. Mrs.C has had a great ending to her year having contacted her brother after 27 years absence. He moved south to the great metropolis around the same time we left and moved to Grimsby. So a meeting in the coming months to be arranged.
Time for a shower and a second cup of tea. I turned the radio on and a lifestyle coach was giving her spiel...To a chorus of "Fuck Off!" I turned on the sublime Crosby, Stills and Nash. I haven't resolved to stop swearing....
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

...and I should fuckin' well hope not!

Me neither apparently
:)

7:47 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Billy Connolly was right about swearing.
"Oh! Do stop that now" really does not get the intensity of the message across.

8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home