Thursday, September 19, 2019

An update following Sue's latest appointment.
She will be having three weeks of radiotherapy but not until the genetic test results arrive back from the USA! If she scores high on the tests she will have to have chemotherapy otherwise it is straight into the radiotherapy which will take place at a hospital thirty odd miles away in East Yorkshire. She will also have to take a tablet to reduce her oestrogen levels as that is what fuelled the growth of this type of cancer which apparently was a lot bigger than first realised until the surgeon removed it...and yes, I asked about the side effects of the tablet and I have also just now googled the information. I'll pass that info on and she can make a decision about the tablet. The operation was successful and this is now about preventative treatment so we are a lot happier.

Gratuitous photo of Maisie to lighten the mood.



Blogger Scoakat said...

Yeesh. I sure hope she doesn't need chemo. You tell it nicely but I know it has to have been a pretty tough couple months. All my best to Sue, really, and you too.

9:58 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you Scott. It has been tough and Sue has really been through the mill, bless her.
I have a week off but wouldn't you know it I am now full of cold! Awake at 5 coughing and sneezing, shivering with the cold but my temperature is up, It's been waiting there in the wings.

7:29 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Love and healing thoughts to you both. Hope you're managing to keep positive.

6:24 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW.

12:23 pm  

Post a comment

<< Home