Saturday, March 25, 2017


A beautiful day and just perfect for gardening. I moved the raised bed, first moving the frame after I had dug round and moved the soil to the middle. Frame re positioned to a 'sunnier' spot and then soil into the bucket and many trips later...


Finally all soil shifted, blood and bone dug in and everything ready...


Defences against cat toilet (Harry Potter's lesser known teacher) in situ and wait a bit for spring to be truly sprung before any plants go in. Rest, hot shower and liberal spray of Deep Heat to lower back because it will hurt tonight and tomorrow. Job's a good 'un!

I am planning on one tomato plant and a chilli plant at either end with lettuce and cucumber in the middle. I have also bought a few separate bulbs to go elsewhere plus marigolds and borage. The usual assortment of wild flowers to attract bees will also go into the garden. I have to dispose of the other half of the willow tree and then consider what to replace it with in the forgotten corner. I had looked at a Jasmine yesterday but 5 metres height is a bit too much. I shall haunt the various garden centres this coming week for ideas. All in all I am happy with result but the proof will be in the success of the plants over the coming summer.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Well done! Seems like quite the task but it does look like a sunnier spot, plants will like it as long as the cats keep out. Hope the back held up well enough, too.

My thoughts are also turning to spring chores, but we're probably about another 5 or 6 weeks until our planting season, usually early May at the latest.

Now is the time for you to do these things as you have the new job in less than a fortnight, I believe. Enjoy your time off while you can, delcatto!

2:18 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you Scott. I'm resting my back today although I did cut the grass.

2:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home