Saturday, January 07, 2017

I have a date for the MRI scan for the week after next at 07.30! That's the a.m... Blimey, I must be the first patient that day unless they start at 7 or even 6 a.m! I am not complaining because I would be there at 6 just to make some progress on this problem. After some weeks of little sleep I took time off and I slept for two whole nights of ten hours each. Out like a light as I have spent several weeks where some days I wandered around in a zombie like state. However, pain relief when required, gentle exercises and relaxation is helping out at times. Enough about my health moaning, it is what it is and life goes on. The cool thing is that I might get copies of my MRI and can use it as an avi for social media!



A colleague who is an agency nurse and he was with the team for six months suggested I join an agency; do several months work and take the rest of the time off to relax. He pointed out the benefits:  better money, pay off mortgage early and variety of work. He also suggested working and living away for those several months so I get to see different parts of the UK. It is a tempting prospect albeit a mercenary approach but managers, once you get past their double speak and bullshit, look at the lowest common denominator which is money and number crunching. Perhaps a rethink and change in attitude is required for the next couple of years? We'll see...
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Is it a nerve being pinched in your neck, maybe a herniated disk? I had that back in 2010, the pain was in my left arm and shoulder. It started off over a year of multiple medical woes. (I'm sure you remember those, and I'm thankful for your support then.)
Surgery is always serious, but in most cases like this it can provide tremendous pain relief. Do all you can for yourself, delcatto.

11:27 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoakat.
I hope it doesn't require surgery but until the MRI scan I am not sure what it is. GP believes it is a pinched nerve. I think it is the gradual grinding down as day after day of discomfort and pain with little let up which is horrible. I do what I can and keep my chin up... or down in this case!

2:35 pm  
Blogger Kacey said...

You know even if you have to get up early, there's always coffee or tea. It helps me wake up in the morning when I am really tired. MRI's can be annoying, but it will be over before you know it. Some people just take a nap. It's not a bad excuse to do it. Everyone can use more sleep.

4:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home