Thursday, December 29, 2016

Despite the necessary interruptions of work I am gradually making progress...


The smaller tank (Panzer 1 ausf.b) is a cheap kit I bought via ebay and cracked on with immediately forgetting how extended periods at the desk and exposure to glue is apt to leave me discombobulated.
It was a kit the seller had started and botched up, stopping after four pieces. So I made some scratch built repairs and I will gradually paint up and weather it. It is tiny with a two man crew hence the  size comparison to the motorcycle combo! I am thoroughly lost in my own world whilst working on these, using the iPad to research the information required for the tanks, paint schemes, unit identification and weathering effects. I haven't considered how to present the models and it's likely they will be stand alone pieces until my skills improve for dioramas.


For now it is a work in progress as I view my other kits and salivate over potential future projects up for sale on ebay. My particular interest is early WW2 armour and armoured vehicles from the twenties and thirties. That's the geek coming out in me now.
As I slept very little last night and the little I had was of poor quality I was up at stupid o'clock today. To pass the time I read some blogs and a beer blog which was new to me led me to this...


I had never heard of them until today but I am making up for it now. Lullabys to send me to sleep...

TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Love your hobby, I used to make models when I was young. You sound so much better at it than I ever could be, I was happy with colored plastic and decals. You just watch that glue vapor!
I knew about Kyuss back in the 90's, but I had just gotten back together with an ex, and she was into them because of another guy she saw in the months we were broken up, so I never really gave them a chance. No offense to Kyuss, it's just the memory association.
Sorry for a long comment, I got rear-ended in traffic a couple hours ago and am now enjoying a few adult beverages. Cheers!

1:25 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Blimey! I hope you're ok and the car too. Having been rear ended twice by vehicles I know it can cause problems to health and the insurance hassle is a pain too.
I watch videos, read forums and research the vehicles which appeals to my inner nerd and then practice on the models. hence I am sticking to the cheaper ebay bargains to hone my skills.

2:24 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Do you have a loft? Ideal terrain for tanks?

Happy New Year to you delcatto.

4:09 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you BW. I don't have a loft but I may eventually find space for a display cabinet somewhere.

8:33 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Shed in the garden with plaster of paris terrain? Sort-of like a model railway, but for tanks?

Tanks would be unhappy in a display cabinet. They need to be pushed.

2:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home