Friday, August 05, 2016


A busy week and a further visit to the vet because the pooch was not at all well. A skin growth had become infected hence the diarrhoea and the horrible smell emanating from her. A one off injection and a course of oral antibiotics has seen a huge improvement in the hairy monster. I think I am now working to pay veterinary bills but she is worth it. We believe she scratched at the growth hidden below her ear and I only noticed when I was checking her mouth to ascertain where the horrible smell was coming from. Not at all pleasant and something we will have to keep an eye on.

Otherwise I have been very busy at work as August seems to be one of the busiest months. Staff holidays, doctor changeover and school holidays are possible contributors to this. My plans for the next four days off depend on the dreadful cold I have acquired from Mrs C. Tissues, Olbas Oil and paracetamol are the order of the day. I'd like it to go because this event is on tomorrow and a certain aircraft is attending which I am very excited about. A banging head, dizziness, runny nose and a constant desire to sleep is currently not conducive to my attending the show. Fingers crossed because it does look like an exciting event.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I know she loves you, and she needs you now more than ever, unfortunately now it may be like hospice care. I'm much more a cat person than a dog person but I've done it and the feelings are similar.

I also hope you feel better for tomorrow! I had a similar experience last February. I bought tickets 8 months in advance and was sick as hell at showtime. Still made it, though. If it means enough...

From my wife and I, all our best to you and Mrs C!

12:36 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoakat.
I didn't make it but I am enjoying the sunshine in the garden instead.

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home