Tuesday, April 26, 2016


Pooch is at the vet again after she collapsed this morning. Mrs C woke me up and after the mess was cleaned up we made sure she was comfortable before booking her in. Surprisingly, once at the vet she was chipper, lively as a puppy and wagging her tail, making her displeasure known at the temerity of the vet examining her and showing interest in her surroundings. In now for tests including the endoscopy and biopsy of her lungs I put off the last time she was in. This will cost me an arm and a leg so I am back at work next week having agreed to two days per week over the next few months. Poor old pooch, when she goes off her food as well then something is definitely wrong.

In other news, winter has reappeared and the rain, gales and cold has returned. The plants I put out in the garden have died off apart from the chillies. I will be looking to buy new plants as growing them from seed, hardening them off and then planting out has been a disaster so far and it is May day next week! We have put out a lot of wild flower seeds for the bees and butterflies. The latter I am happy with now that netting is up around the raised bed. It's the bees we are really hoping to attract although Mrs C has drawn a line against my suggestion about acquiring a beehive. Time for more tea as I fret about the orange monster.

TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Sorry to hear the dog did not feel well. I know she is getting up there and you just went through losing two felines. This kind of thing does not get easier, does it?

I think my winter season can be harsher and perhaps longer than what you get, but I'd have thought you would be in the clear by now! I'm hoping we're done with frost, but it is still very possible.

Orange Monster? I hope that doesn't mean worry about the dog. She'll be well and good as long as she is with you, her family.

12:35 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thanks Scoakat. She is referred to as the Orange Monster. She's friendly and very good natured really.

12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home