Saturday, April 30, 2016

I am still recovering from Thursday and excessive walking although I believe the damage done was the result of excessive standing in the cold and rain. I heard via the local rag that a national leader was visiting Grimsby so after my earlier walk I raced down there to clap eyes on him. I was 'co-opted' into the ceremony to commemorate workers memorial day hence the hour spent standing in the cold and rain. A good ceremony and quite a moving one as well.





 Jezza, I feel I can call him that having suffered for the privilege of  meeting him. gave a small speech and soon after he left accompanied by his aides. He was also chased by the reptiles of the press and with the shenanigans of  Ken Livingstone whose measured and conciliatory comments about Jews and Hitler hit the media, it is understandable that the press were there in force. I guess they were hoping to capture a photo of Jezza goose stepping or making moves on the local Polish delicatessen but they were sorely disappointed. He was a councillor in the London Borough of Haringey, my home turf and he also attended North London Polytechnic (later University), so some shared links. Was I impressed by him? Sadly, I wasn't as he did not strike me as a leader and that is what the opposition party requires at this time. I can't support Labour currently for a variety of reasons but the anti-Semitism, hatred of Israel and the cosying up to and defending of  Islamic fascists who hate Jews, gays, women and democracy really does turn my stomach. I supported Liz Kendall in the Labour leadership election as she was attractive on the eye (Me... shallow?) and had some good ideas but she finished last. The only other national party leader I met was Michael Foot when I bumped into him and stood on his foot back in 1981. In some respects Jeremy Corbyn is a breath of fresh air although that air does appear to blow from the cold reaches of the former DDR and beyond that Siberia. We do appear to have increased polarisation of political views and with the gulf between the haves and have-nots, there lies the recipe for disaster. The Monster Raving Loony Party does now appear to be the only sensible party left to vote for!
As for my feet and ankles, a hot foot spa, peppermint cream rub and rest is helping. I am hoping to take part in some of the shorter walks during the Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festival in three weeks time hence my desire to keep walking but to avoid any injury. My only regret is that I shan't have the pooch with me unless I put her in a shopping trolley!

TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home