Saturday, December 12, 2015


We had our works Christmas party yesterday and it was a great success. It is a sign of  my getting older that I left the others to party on as they headed for Cleethorpes and I headed for home by 6 p.m. The plus side is that I was up at six this morning, walked the dog, tidied the garden, shopped and breakfasted all by 10 a.m. I was invited to attend the local biker venue last night to see 'Bad Manners' by a friend but having seen him thirty years ago he really isn't my cup of tea. However, we have booked tickets to see 'The Choir Boys' next March and plan to see more bands over the next year. Use it or lose it as the club needs our support and I had my fill of stadiums twenty years ago, hence my desire to keep the small venue going.

I still have some presents to buy and post some cards which I will do this afternoon. The presents will be gift cards for M & S, etc... as that's the most common request from family members. Food shopping will be completed next weekend and as always, enough for Christmas itself and not the several trolley loads I have seen lined up at the checkouts. We have had to remove baubles from the tree because the young cats just cannot leave them alone and decorations have also had to be returned to the box. Happily, they aren't interested in the lights so they can remain.
I shall away now as the weather looks 'interesting' out there.

TTFN.


2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I hope you're talking about the Quireboys, I love that band! I've only had the chance to see them once, back in the late 80's, but I did see them at a bar after that show and I remember doing shots with Spike! Good times.

Raise a glass toward the stage for me!

6:00 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Doh! It is the Quireboys.
I've never seen them so I am really looking forward to it.

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home