Tuesday, December 29, 2015


Poor old Molly made her final journey this afternoon as I arranged an appointment with the vet. She examined her and she agreed that with failing kidneys, very little appetite and continuing weight loss it would be kinder to put her to sleep. I said my last goodbyes to her and that was it. Below is a photo of her in happier days. We had her for nearly thirteen years and she was anything between 8 and 12 years old when we rescued her. A hard decision to make but she is no longer in pain and discomfort.




Sadly, our sole canine resident Sandy isn't too well either as her cough has increased since she finished her medicines. I will be booking her in for further tests because I still believe it might be an ailment we can provide a remedy for. Happily, she still goes for walks, greedily steals food from the cats unless we watch her and she continues to show interest in life. I am off to get very drunk...


                                  Rest in Peace old girl...

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

I am so sorry to hear, Delcatto. I've typed a few things now and deleted them, trying for something appropriate. But you know and we know how hard it is.
Truly all my best to you and yours during this difficult time.

3:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Scoakat.

8:44 am  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

So sad to hear - but that's an amazing liefespan for a cat.

Happier New Year to you.

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home