Saturday, December 06, 2014

I am slowly recovering after an excellent night out. We watched a band called "Banned from Utopia" who are all ex- Frank Zappa musicians and the quality of their playing showed. I have not seen such a tight professional band for many years. Here's a sample of their music...



A great night out with some good friends made even better when I bumped into an old buddy I hadn't seen for several years. We caught up with our news before we all decamped to another pub at about 2 a.m. There could not have been a greater contrast, from a bikers club where the average age was 45 to a pub full of shiny young people. We had one drink there and decided to call it a night and I ensured my friends caught cabs home. Happily, all of this is within walking distance of home, one advantage of living slap bang in the middle of town. The slow recovery is not drink related for a change but, it's my aching back and ankles from standing and dancing for a few hours. Too old to rock n roll?

TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

We're never too old to rock! We just have to, um, adjust our behavior a bit. I'm glad you had a good time, despite the aches.

3:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home