Tuesday, June 03, 2014


 News just in!
I have just finished speaking to my new boss and I start the new job the week after next. The final reference has obviously just gone in and we are ready to rock & roll. I was extremely surprised given the length of time I have been waiting for this. I also had some extra news, that 2- 3 times a month I will be on call overnight which was not expected. It beats the 2 -3 times a week on call I did for more years than I care to remember but still unexpected. I suspect I may be in for a bit of a shock after ten months of doing Sweet Fanny Adams. But the bonus is a commute of two miles to my work base which may include cycling if that's encouraged. I'll cite green credentials, fitness, cuddly kittens although the wet weather might be a greater influence with recourse to dry car!
I cycled another five miles this morning, getting in practice and giving the bike a thorough workout. The annoying grating noise was down to the side stand rubbing on the tyre so I have removed that. After cycling with the endorphins whizzing around and lathered in sweat, I showered and collapsed in a heap. But am I happy? You can bet I am. A takeaway meal to celebrate and a glass of a good Malt this evening and I'll be sorted.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

Great to hear! This is big, congratulations!

10:14 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Thank you Scoakat.
I am planning a couple of trips out to enjoy the last of my free time but I am looking forward to returning to work.

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home