Sunday, June 30, 2013


One of my leaving presents was this delightful blue Hydrangea which I have placed in the garden. I'll leave it for now in its pot although I plan to put it in a permanent large pot. It has finally dawned on me that I have lots of time and no need to rush about. So I spent time yesterday evening chatting with my neighbour about gardening & plans for our own little demesne. Now that the sun has finally made an appearance I hope the various plants will shoot up. With the demise of yet another plastic green house there is now a gap near the rear wall just handy for an apple tree, preferably an English eating apple like Cox, Worcester or similar varieties. I have wanted an apple tree for a long time and now is the perfect time for it.
I'm reading up and getting
tips like this in preparation for the project. But this site is also useful. The latter also does workshops which aren't too far away from here and would be a good day out. I believe I have finally slid comfortably into middle age and a middle England state of mind. The garden is a wonderful sanctuary from the craziness of life  and possibly the one place where I may succumb to the illusion that I am in control. I am working on Mrs C regarding a shed where I can hide away and keep out of her hair. This is only a quick blog because I don't want to spend too much time stuck indoors on a rare warm day.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Sheds are essential. I'm sure that Mrs C can be made to see the sense of that after a week or two of you doing all the things that annoy her!

3:17 pm  
Anonymous delcatto said...

Lol. She's happy having inherited the PC and I am currently getting to grips with a new laptop. Windows 8 is a bugger to work with.

9:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home