Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Doors "Love Me Two Times/Texas Radio and the Big Beat"




Having spent today catching the rays on what has been a glorious day I have used this as a tenuous link to the recent death of another great Ray.... Manzarek. The Doors and are one of my favourite bands and as a moody and somewhat lost teenager they as well as other bands played a great part in the music to my growing up.

Yes, the surprise is that we finally have a glorious sunny day. I was out soaking up the sun as I walked the pooch, shopped, viewed some cars on the local car lots and then catching up on gardening. It no longer resembles a bomb site but is far from perfect. I also realised that my plan to have only a couple of tomato plants has resulted in about a dozen that are thriving. The cucumber succumbed to the bleak autumnal weather we have experienced over the last few weeks but the chillies look good. My daily battles with slugs and snails, despite attempting to garner the interest of the cats in them as potential food, is a thankless task but needs doing. I had planned on going to the Cleethorpes Folk and Cider Festival but I find I cannot tolerate much alcohol and I don't like drinking during the day. It's on again tomorrow and I may pop along there for the music particularly if the weather is as good as todays. I might also finally get to use my camera.

The news this week has shown a new low in human behaviour with the murder of a soldier in Woolwich by two scumbag losers. The media including twitter and farcebook has exploded and tensions are high with many people being polarised into opposing camps. Over a dozen attacks on mosques around the UK including one here in Grimsby have taken place. I take the view they are not terrorists but are certainly cowardly and evil useless excuses for human beings to do what they did to that poor man. Hopefully things will settle down but sadly I think this could be the start of a downward cycle of further attacks and retaliatory  aggression.
On the work front I have five weeks to go and then I will be retired. I have an interview for some bank nursing locally and I have also been asked by a manager if I will be interested in part time crisis work in Lincolnshire from September onwards. I have said yes to both and I will see what comes my way. I will need to work but 16 - 20 hours per week will be enough to keep body and soul together. It will also be proper nursing and will not involve any of the Mental Health Act / DoLS work I have been doing which pleases me. All in all I am feeling more positive and happier than I have been during the past several months. Time now to catch a few more rays as The Doors plays in the background and I follow up my interest in one particular vehicle I looked at today.



TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home