Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Phew!
Enough beer and food on Christmas day to feed a regiment. Sprouts were literally sprouting upon our respective plates, with Christmas pudding and mince pies in custard a couple of hours later. So the past two days have seen me and the pooch walking it all off although I again had a few beers as well as a mince pie and more custard yesterday evening. A couple of delightful days spent with the family and doing very little beyond listening to music and conversation. As I walked the pooch this morning we admired the frenetic crowds in their cars besieging various shopping outlets for that "must have bargain".
I decided a quiet walk beside the river and well away from the madness would be good for my soul and healthier for the mutt as well. I met several dog walkers doing the same. Trainers to kill for, electronics and soft furnishings worth getting into further debt for, precious days off spent fruitlessly filling that gap in ones' life... pffft! What a life or not as the case may be.

The radio is filled with the usual reviews of the past year and what 2012 will hold for us next year. As I stated in an earlier post I intend to concentrate upon family, home, garden and my health beause I have little or no influence on the gormless in govt. and other assorted idiots. So I tend to listen to BBCi / other stations as I can be selective in my listening rather than endure the needless propaganda spouted without evidence or analysis. Planet Rock's generally good for music as is BBC Radios 3 and 6. For the new year I intend to stay home, drink some good beers and whisky and contact friends and family via the net before I enjoy my usual dry January as I return to the serious slog of dieting. Mind you, I am back on the diet as of today and tomorrow is set aside for garden maintenance / clearance. I'll be gently easing myself back into cadence of normal everyday life after the Christmas celebrations.
I hope you all had a good and peaceful Christmas and received everything you wanted. Don't forget, you have the opportunity to do it all again next year...
TTFN.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Blue Witch said...

"Trainers to kill for, electronics and soft furnishings worth getting into further debt for, precious days off spent fruitlessly filling that gap in ones' life... pffft! What a life or not as the case may be.
"


Exactly, well put.

4:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home