Saturday, December 11, 2010

















Yep! I have the dreaded leurgy and I am pissed off. It isn't often that a weekend off, money in my pocket (cheers Dennis Brown) and an organised night out with mates comes together. They'll be in the convivial atmosphere of the local Wetherspoons and I won't be there. However, I am fighting back with the aid of man flu remedies such as curry, beer and whisky. I might not be winning but I'm smiling as I fall over!

Mrs C and I skated to the local super mercado this morning. There might be a thaw on but the pavements are lethal. On our return we were out there with shovels clearing our bit of the footpath to keep the local citizens safe from broken limbs. I had already experienced the excitement of icy freefall on a number of occasions over the past week and the thought of some of our elderly folk doing the same was not a pleasant one. Lo and behold, several neighbours came out later to clear their frontages, titter ye not. Esprit de Dunquerque et tout cela! Good to see folks doing their bit. With this thaw on and all that available water it has got the media excited about tea making as kettles and kettling is all in the news. That's what the students need, a nice cup of tea and a sit down. Protests would be more civilised and they could offer tea to the boys in blue. None for the vultures in the media though.

"What do we want?!"
"Two sugars please"
"When do we want it?!"
"Whenever is convenient for you, thank you".

I'm orf for more liquid cold remedy and a garibaldi.
TTFN.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Jones said...

Hate this weather - if it's not snow, it's ice...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

And you've won a dvd on my blog.

XX

5:03 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

You are kidding me! The last thing I won was a little TV in a Christmas draw twenty years ago.

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home