Monday, December 07, 2009














Wake me up when it's gone away.


So much for the Christmas spirit...son had a shower (he showers the whole bathroom) and water came through the ceiling. Cue one loud and expressive argument. Later on the microwave emitted blue sparks and caught fire (both incidents unrelated). I am now scanning the skies for a meteorite as I tot up how much this will cost me. Does a meteorite count as an act of God and invalidate my insurance policy? Does the insurance company have proof God exists? After all, I can state I believe in Zeus or Thor and it was those other peoples god which caused my house to disappear in an explosion of metallic rock, fire, steam and kryptonite. Perhaps I should email Richard Dawkins for an answer although I am sure he'd just say it was a natural phenomenon and deuced bad luck. All I can say is 'Bugger!'and look up Argos/Asda/Tesco for a new microwave.
TTFN.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoakat said...

That's odd. I have an extra perfectly nice microwave downstairs in storage. It came with the house last Spring. Delcatto, if it were feasible, it would be yours. Can't help ya with the plumbing. I've always been partial to electrical.
All my best to you and yours.

12:47 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Scoacat. I've now bought a new microwave with £50 knocked off. A bargain.

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Blue Witch said...

Blue sparks eh?
*feigns ignormance of gone-wrong spell* ;)

Interesting point re 'acts of god' and insurance...

7:28 am  
Blogger Suzanne Jones said...

My oven blew up once - loud explosion, blue flashes, the lot. They said it was nothing to do with my cooking, but I've used it as a handy excuse to stock up on ready meals ever since.

Glad you got your microwave situation sorted out - and it sounds like you got a good deal.

XX

12:58 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Argos...excellent deal. I hope you aren't living on ready meals Suzie. It's cheaper and healthier to make your own although it makes up for the biscuits and chocolate I eat far too much of!

7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home