Friday, October 16, 2009













After two early nights I feel slightly more refreshed and able to face the world. This plus a couple of bottles of excellent porter last night appears to have done the trick.
It has also been a week of being on the receiving end of angry relatives who expressed their concerns regarding the NHS, other services and the world in general. Many of these things drift into the weak outer orbit of our service i.e. We are a small part of the NHS, admittedly the dank hidden nettle overgrown corner behind the compost bin in the garden of the mansion that is the NHS. I guess 'crisis' covers concerns about the local council's removal of roadsigns, a father's worries about his daughter's inability to access a local dentist and a woman's anger at how a psychiatrist spoke to her twenty years ago. It's all grist to the mill I guess. To put it into perspective on clear nights I can sit in the garden with a cup of tea and look at the stars. Pick out The Plough, Ursa Major, Orion's Belt, etc...knowing that they were there when humanity used flint as cutting edge technology and they looked up at the stars, cold and sparkling bright against the black depths. They'll still be there when I am dust and bones in the ground and my name has long been forgotten. Sometimes the small things don't matter and it's time to forgive and move on. It's a busy frantic world awash with craziness and sometimes sitting still and silent gets forgotten about. Enough philosophising, the dog watching me earnestly in the hope I will take her out for a lengthy walk...her wish is my command.
TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seany said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

Says it all really...

4:42 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

The stars are always there. Sometimes you just have to reach a little.

6:27 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

Cheers Sean, spot on as usual. As for reaching for the stars Bill, a couple of ideas have recently been formulating, I just have to wait 'til my boy's done growed up and his training and abilities match his mouth.

7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home